Thursday, February 23, 2012

BurnAware Free: My Choice in Burning Software


Since the computer I used in our office is ancient I searched for a free burning software that will require minimum space in hard disk and ram (nero is out of the list) so after using various free burning software I finally settle in using one, the BurnAware Free.   Here's a description from the developer:
BurnAware Free is a full-fledged disc burning tool – fast, lightweight, feature-packed and, most importantly, free. The program burns all types of CD, DVD and Blu-Ray discs containing data, digital photos, music and video. With BurnAware Free, you will be able to create bootable or multisession CDs and DVDs, high-quality audio CDs, make and burn disc images, copy and backup discs. - burnware.com
So what's in the freeware that makes me stick to it?  You'll find out after the break.
The BurnAware Free has a simple interface by dividing the tasks by four categories, Data, Multimedia, Disc Images and Utilities.   I'll be demonstrate here the Data DVD task because this is the one I've been using when I open the software.  


I think the interface for each burning task is similar to the one above.  The center pane is where you'll see the list of files you want to burn.  At the bottom left corner, above the DVD/CD icon is the title wherein you can edit it.  The DVD/CD icon will be colored once you add your files, it will turn red or green (depends on the total size of your files).  On the lower right corner you'll see a red big button saying "Burn baby burn", hehe, just "Burn".

Burn baby! burn!

Now here are my findings when running the software.


The BurnAware Free used 24.9MB in RAM in a computer running Windows XP with 512MB RAM installed.  The size in the hard drive is 16.02MB (the version currently installed is 4.6).  So that's about it, I'm gonna used this freeware to burn my files unless there's better freeware out there.  If you don't like BurnAware Free, you can search the net, there are various free burning software that you can use.  If you would like to know more about the freeware or try to use, go to their website by clicking it here.

4 comments:

  1. This is a good information. thanks. Smile!!
    Uniforms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem our desk top that I use sometimes is also an ancient one. I'll probably gonna try this too. Sorry, it's been awhile hindi pa kasi okay netbook ko until now :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Sorry, if I leave a message here because your chatbox doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place. NNT Uniforms

    ReplyDelete